Clive was delighted to pop along to join the Coldharbour Tenants’ and Residents’ Association today at their coffee morning to fundraise for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Clive helped raise money for the Breast Cancer Care charity on Sunday when he played in the annual Labour vs Lobby Journalists football match at the Labour Party Conference in Manchester. Continue reading
These are the notes taken during my walkabout in Avery Hill Walkabout on 12th September 2014. Issues involving specific addresses have been removed from this version to protect people’s confidentiality.
Location of Avery Hill Road crossing
- Safety rail removed – unsafe
- Gradient of slope at end of Avery Hill Road
Anstridge path – cycle route – when will work be done?
- Fence at edge of pavement?
Corner of Croyde Close – people are parking too close to corner – needs yellow lines
The pavement has been built out outside the GP at 296 Avery Hill Road which has made it more difficult to turn in
Bus shelter outside 306/8 Avery Hill Road needs seating especially for the elderly
Concerns were raised about the safety of the Cycle Lane in Avery Hill Road after new parking bays were built over the lane
Shops – should be swept 2 x day
- Dog fouling signs needed
- Cars being sold by Avery Hill Road entrance
Dry cleaners – damp caused by leaks to flats above shop – tiles need replacing – told council would deal with it
Darland House – paint fence in front
Alderwood Road parking on grass – 17-35
Teynham House – entrance door too heavy for elderly residents
- Tiles not replaced with cement and some are missing
- Communal door to stairs not shutting on 2nd floor
- Wiring hanging down throughout the building
Ospringe Court – 31-39 overflow leak
- Door 21-30 not locking
- Tiles being removed in every block but not to all the way up to the ceiling
- Old cupboards are dangerous for young children now plaster has been cut back
- 1-10 Hole with water leak in front of block
- Lift shaft flooding
- Thames Water need to check for leaks
- Paving stones at rear entrance very Four dates given for repair to be done but contractor not arrived
Garages rear of Wayfield and Teynham due for development – contact Denise Hyland
Clive Efford today launched a petition to put People Not Profits back at the Heart of our Healthcare System
The online petition is to show your support for Clive Efford’s Private Members Bill on 21 November to save our NHS before it’s too late.
You can sign the Labour party petition here: www.labour.org.uk/nhspetition and the Government e-petition here: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/68064 Continue reading
Clive opens the new-look Post Office with branch manager Mrs Nilam Rajoriya and local Councillor Clare Morris
Clive Efford was on hand at Lee Green Post Office to formally re-open the newly refurbished branch today. Continue reading